The main objective of this Health and Safety Manager role is to ensure a safe working environment for all staff. You will be reporting directly to the General Manager with weekly meetings with the wider management team including Directors. You will be responsible for advising on overall compliance in maters of Health & Safety in accordance with Company policy and relevant statutory provisions and ensuring all H&S documentation is in place and been used in accordance with current regulations.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Positive attitude and willingness to engage with all stakeholders
- Trustworthy and loyal
- Health and Safety Cert, Diploma or Degree is essential
- With 4+ years experience
- Previous experience managing safety with a construction based firm
- Excellent communication, leadership, training and presentation skills
- Conducting regular, formal site and work audits as directed in the Safety Management System
- Ensuring that record of statutory inspections are kept for all activities and plant equipment.
- Delivering and completing statutory notifications to the Health & Safety Authority for the project and all incident / accident reporting and to conduct inspector site visits as required by the Health & Safety Authority.
- Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for new employees or contractors working on site.
- Managing and making recommendations for Personal Protection Equipment required for all employees based on type of work been carried out.
- Ensure all staff have the correct training completed based on their work requirements.
- Serving as Buildtech representative as Site and client meetings.
- Ensuring sub-contractor safety statement sand required Method statement are available on site and assess sub-contractor statements and method statements.
- Assist/advise and help Management in drafting and communicating Method Statements.
- Compiling, updating and communication site Emergency Plans.
- Conducting preliminary accident investigations and statutory notifications.
- Making sure First Aiders are available, that an adequate quantity of First Aid supplies is in stock and that al relevant Certs are updated.
- Collecting and collating relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project.
- Life Insurance
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability to this role.